Jennifer N. Nevins, CMCA
Ms. Nevins has been a Principal of DW Smith Associates since 2001 after being a significant team member since 1988. She handles the overall operations of the firm, including project management, quality control and assurance, client satisfaction and strategic planning. Ms. Nevins successfully created the Community Association Services division within DW Smith Associates. Through her efforts, this sector of the business has seen tremendous growth in recent years.
Ms. Nevins’ involvement as a Business Partner Member of the Community Associations Institute (CAI) New Jersey and Pennsylvania/Delaware Valley Chapters has allowed her to immerse herself in the Community Association industry, participating in industry events, attending networking functions and delivering presentations to property managers throughout New Jersey and Pennsylvania. On the national level, she presented a leadership webinar for CAI and spoke at the 2017 CAI National Conference in Las Vegas. Ms. Nevins currently serves on the Executive Board of Directors as President-Elect for the Community Association Industry in the state of New Jersey, (slated to be President in 2020). Also, she was a panelist at Montclair State University in April 2019 who discussed the Engineer’s involvement in Transitions, coordinated with legal and accounting professionals. In addition, Ms. Nevins received her CMCA® certification and developed a “Boot camp” class to assist Property Managers in attaining their certification. Most recently, she was elected to serve a term on the CAI Business Council for CAI National starting in January 2020.
Ms. Nevins graduated from Rutgers University with a Bachelor of Science degree. She has always been a strong believer in continuing education, participating in numerous courses throughout her career including the National CAI Business Partner Essentials class through which she received her Educated Business Partner Certification. Ms. Nevins also earned her Management for Design Firms Certification from Harvard University Graduate School of Design and Construction Management Certification from New Jersey Institute of Technology. Most recently, she received the Executive Leadership Certification from the Tuck School of Business at Dartmouth.
Ms. Nevins has also been an advocate for women’s leadership, including advising and mentoring not only businesswomen, but also female students through the Rutgers Institute for Women’s Leadership (IWL) and the Wall High School Business and Finance Academy (WBFA). As a result, she has been personally recognized by many organizations and has received the following awards:
- Best 50 Women in Business by NJBIZ (2010)
- Outstanding Woman in Construction by NJAWBO (2010)
- Woman of the Year – Environmental Award by Garden State Woman (2011)
- Top 25 Women in Business in NJ by NJ Monthly / Own It Ventures (2011)
- Advocate Award by the New Jersey Board of Public Utilities Supplier Diversity Development Council (2012)
- Enterprising Woman of the Year by Enterprising Women Magazine (2012)
- Woman of the Year by Central Jersey Women in Business (2012)
- Top 100 Leading Women Entrepreneurs by NJ Monthly / Own It Ventures (2011, 2012 & 2013)
- Top 50 Women Owned Businesses in the State of NJ, DiversityBusiness.com (2013 & 2015)
- Brava! Award by New York SmartCEO (2014)
- Committee Chair of the Year by Community Association Institute of NJ (2014)
- Fastest Growing Privately Held Companies in America, Inc. 5000 (2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 & 2018)
- Athena Award from the Greater Monmouth County Chamber of Commerce (2015)
- Brava! Award by New Jersey Smart CEO Magazine (2016)
- Top 500 Privately Held Companies in America, Omnikal (2017)
- Business Partner of the Year, Community Association Institute of NJ (2017)
Ms. Nevins is a dedicated member and active participant in numerous community service associations and charitable organizations, including Making Strides Against Breast Cancer and Garden State Go Red for Women. She is the working mother of two children and is devoted to maintaining a positive work/life balance. Ms. Nevins’ most recent undertaking was to author three family cookbooks, dedicated to her parents that document her family’s recipes and history for future generations. She is currently working on the fourth edition.